DD Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSOP

Go down

WSOP Empty WSOP

Post by FirePig Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:07 pm

After a 10 year hiatus I once again entered the WSOP Senior event. 50+. This year at Paris and Horseshoe on the strip. $1000.00 buy-in, one hour levels and blind increases are very responible.

Was doing pretty good and building a fair pot. Played my usual pot control game which worked with this crowd. (BTW, I heard over 8,000 entries.) Then I made a blunder. UTG+2 looked at AJ off. Bumped it 3x BB. Short stack came along. A95 on flop. I checked and short pushed. Thinking... if he had AK or pocket pair he would have pushed pre so likely a weak ace. But which kicker??? I said "You got ace nine?" No responce, no change in breathing or anything. So I called thinking... hoping... I had him out kicked. He turned over A9. Well, my psychic Miss Cleo powers were working. If only I had stuck with it. Turn and river were duds. Lost about 30% of stack. Not a mortal wound but not good.

Went card dead and getting blinded down. Couple other players were firing on all cylinders and building stacks and knocking others out. Hanging on by the hair of my chinny chin chin. UTG and I look down at AQ suited. Short so I pushed. Folded around to BB who has a monstor stack hems and haws and finally calls. Flips over AK off and board is a bust. (At least this guy is from Santa Rosa CA where I live so I say I hope to read about him in the Press Democrat, local paper, and head back to my hotel room. Which BTW was the Orleans where we used to have our annual get together and tournaments in the hay-day of DD Poker.)

Next week is the Super Senior 60+ and I'm considering flying back....

Pig
FirePig
FirePig

daurk/ and Sensei Funyuns like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum